A Flame Sensor is a device used for the detection of flame or fire. This device is highly sensitive to a standard light and capable of detecting flame at a range between 760nm-1100nm straight from the light source. Detection of flame could be executed from a distance of 100cm while the angle of detection is six hundred. It output the result in the form of digital or analog signals and hence such type of sensors is best suited for firefighting robots such as flame alarm. This is one of the major reasons why a sensor module is utilized in flame alarms.
In this cutting-edge era, several companies across the globe are involved in manufacturing flame sensors. If you are scouting for an energy-efficient range of flame sensors for dyeing houses, petrochemical plants, Dairy, chemical plants, etc., you can go with Linear Systems to purchase the product.
Get To Know About Flame Sensors
- Flame sensors are capable of tracking or responding to sudden fire or flame. Its response time is based upon its fitting and such types of sensors feature propane and fire suppression systems along with a natural gas line and alarm system. This type of Flame Sensor is best suited for industrial purposes.
- The primary function of the Flame Sensor is to ascertain whether the boiler is functioning or not. It is designed in such a way that response time is quick and accurate to that of smoke detectors.
- Sensors are vulnerable to damage under extreme temperatures. It can be installed by maintaining a certain space from the flame.
Working of a Flame Sensor
The fire detecting device named Flame sensorsis designed using an electronic circuit with the help of a receiver such as electromagnetic radiation. This specific sensor leverages the technique of infrared flame flash enabling the sensors to function via coated oil, water vapor, and foreign elements.
Usage of Flame sensors
Designed precisely with quality-tested materials,Flame Sensorare able to withstand inhazardous circumstances such as:
- Reduces the risk related to combustion
- Industrial heating
- Hydrogen station
- Gas Heaters
- Drying systems
- Gas turbines
- Domestic uses
Features of UV Flame Sensor:
The characteristics features of Flame Sensor are described here in brief:
- Extremely photosensitive
- Quick response time
- Easy to use
- Ability to adjust the sensitivity
- Compact design
- Angle detection up to six hundred
- Highly responsive
- Ability to adjust the accuracy
- Easy to fit
- Flame Sensors possess an operating voltage ranging between 3.3V to 5V
- The size of PCB is around 3cm*1.6cm
- Activation of the flame test is possible if the intensity of the flame is lighter
- There will be an improvement in detecting distance whenever flame intensity is high.
- Advantageous in incessant self-testing of optical surfaces